About the training
Air cargo is one of the sectors which will recover fast after elimination of sanctions related to COVID 19. Moreover, due to the growing demand on E-commerce trends the demand for air cargo services will increase much faster than other transportation services. In parallel, competition between the cargo agents and freight forwarders will increase. A clear business strategy and a good knowledge of air cargo services is crucial, and more important for Georgian freight forwarders than ever before. Learn international best practices to expend your business in air cargo.
Georgian Logistics Association offers online training course in Air Cargo Management. The techniques and approaches presented in this training course will help you to extend your network with international air cargo operators and achieve profitable growth with competitive services. It will show you how to develop an effective air cargo service strategy and manage it successfully.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this training course you will be able to:
· Understand the modern air cargo operations management framework
· Gain insight on the development of optimal service portfolio and introduce and sustain competitive services and operation
· Gain knowledge of best practices in quality management, tools and models to develop and implement effective service operations
· Understand the management tools and techniques used to manage day-to-day operations successfully
· Develop your management, negotiation, and planning skills
· General trends in air cargo, main international conventions, regulation, permissions
· Stakeholders in aviation, roles, responsibilities tasks (airports, terminal operators, carriers, agents, freight forwarders, regulatory bodies)
· Technical parameters of cargo airplanes, types, technical specifications for cargo loading
· Air cargo handling, consolidation, deconsolidation services, storage
· Air cargo documentation, dangerous goods classification, packing, marking, labelling, and documentation requirements
· IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations for cargo agents and freight forwarders, MSDS – Material Safety Data Sheet
· Value chain of air cargo service, creating profit through optimal service portfolio
· Tarification in air cargo business, price structures, how to define prices on the services
· Charter operations in air cargo, project cargo, special services
· GSA- how international carriers select GSA operators, best practice
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
· Professionals and newcomers to the air cargo and freight forwarding industry
· Cargo agent and air freight forwarder sales and marketing staff
· Cargo agent, freight forwarder and airline management
Course format and certification
This online training course provides 3 days (9 hours) of instruction delivered by international trainer. The training will be held in English. Georgian Logistics Association Certificate is awarded to participants.
About the trainer
Prof. Dr. Werner Sohn
· Prof. Werner Sohn has a track record of more than 30 years in transportation and logistics, thereof more than 25 years in managerial roles. In the field of Air Cargo management, his experience encompasses Airfreight hub automation and Airfreight ERP Systems from a carrier´s perspective as well as intelligent strategic and operational carrier selection and gross profit optimization from a forwarder´s perspective.
· Prof. Sohn is giving lectures at different Universities in Germany and at the German Double Degree Logistics program at the Georgian Technical University. His focus is clearly on a combination of economics and logistics with topics like case studies in logistics controlling, quality management & organizational development & change management in logistics and air cargo management in general. His broad background puts him into a position to provide holistic views on aviation logistics topics and to support his messages to the audience with personal experience type of examples.
Training fee and registration
The training will be held from on 15, 17 and 19 June from 19.00 to 22.00 Georgian time. Deadline of registration is 8 June 2020. The registration will be made via link. Price of the training is 700 GEL per person. Price Includes: In case of questions, please feel free to contact us.
Georgian Logistics Association
Sopho Japaridze (Registration and organizational issues)
Tel: 599 96 95 11
Giorgi Doborjginidze (Course content)
Tel: 577 47 33 32
I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE GEORGIAN LOGISTICS ASSOCIATION
* This field is required